Afghanistan Diary
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
  D Day
I went to the airport three hours early. An unpleasant American Airlines clerk made me take thirteen pounds off my eighty-three pounds duffle bag. I pleaded with him, I argued, I even offered to pay to no avail. I ended up carrying the extra weight in my hand luggage. I fail to understand the point of all this, since, whether it is in the cockpit or in the luggage department, the plane will carry this weight regardless. Bureaucracy is not designed to make sense.

I was worried that airport security would give me a hard time due to the fact that I was travelling to Afghanistan on a one-way ticket. Actually, nobody looked at my passport nor at my ticket closely enough to notice where I was going.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
This is my diary. My name is Lev and I work in Kabul for a non-governmental organization (dacaar.org).

Name:
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 /


Powered by Blogger